Monday, October 13, 2008

I forgot how much I missed President Clinton

What a weekend - while Republicans were busy backing away from the McCain presidential campaign, two BIG players in the Democratic party joined forces with Obama and Biden. President Bill and Senator Hillary Clinton appeared together with Joe and Jill Biden in Scranton, PA this weekend to urge voters to get to the polls and elect Barack Obama into the presidency.

First of all, I absolutely adore Bill Clinton. Say what you will, but the man was a great president. And damn, the man can speak. Hearing him address the voters in Scranton with an appeal to change the nation took me back to the good ol' days.

Second of all, I may like Hillary Clinton more than I had originally thought. I was pretty adamant in my belief that she would not have been the best candidate for the presidency - and I still stand by that statement. I don't feel that way solely because of Hillary's qualifications or platform, but largely because of the status of our nation. I think someday the American people will be ready for a female president, but I sadly do not think that day is today.

Plus, if the election was between McCain and Clinton instead of Obama, McCain would probably win because of the economic crisis. However, he probably wouldn't have chosen Sarah Palin as his running mate in an attempt to win over the female undecided vote - so his ticket may not be the same thing it is today. This is all too much "what if?" though, so I'll just be thankful the right Democratic candidate is running.

Seeing both Clintons rally for Obama really helped renew my faith in the government. I know Hillary was pissed that she lost the primaries to Obama, I would be too. But when politicians are able to put aside their personal crap and stand up for what is right and necessary to bring the country to a better place, that shows what's up. ESPECIALLY when the homeboys who lost to McCain are going on the record AGAINST his campaign. Kinda makes you think about who is fit to run the country.

COUGHobamaCOUGH

"It took a Democratic president to clean up after the last President Bush, it's going to take a Democratic president to clean up after this President Bush. Make no mistake about it. We've done it before and we'll do it again. America will once again rise from the ashes of the Bushes." - Hillary Clinton at the Biden rally.

No comments: